What to Bring
- Passport and Identification for those traveling outside of Canada (driver license, photo id for those under 18 years of age).
- Personal medications in quantities suitable for your stay; there is no pharmacy in Sandspit.
- Suitable Clothing – Dress for temperatures ranging from 50 – 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Layered clothing works best e.g. Jeans, T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, light wool socks, a tight fitting warm hat, and a light rain/wind proof jacket.
- Washers and dryers are available for your use at the lodge.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Camera to capture the lodge record catch.
- Personal toiletry items packaged according to airlines regulations. As of now no more than 3 ounces per item.
- Motion sickness medication if you tend to get seasick easily. Although we fish in protected waters, we are fishing on the ocean. It is usually always calm while salmon fishing; it is possible to get sick while bottom fishing if you have not spent much time on the ocean water. (There are over the counter brands such as Bonine, Meclizine, Coculine, or Scopace by prescription only.)
What You Need to Know
- Please notify us at least 30 days prior to your trip regarding any medical, physical, or dietary needs or concerns including food allergies e.g. non-dairy, non-wheat, other.
- Let us know if you are celebrating a special occasion such as a Birthday, Wedding, or Anniversary. At QCS we love celebrations!
Guests of Queen Charlotte Safaris receive an angler’s rate at The Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport. They provide free shuttle service to and from Vancouver Airport, free parking if traveling by car (that’s a savings of $15 per day) and most importantly, they have excellent FREEZER FISH STORAGE to keep your prize procession fish nice and frozen for your entire stay.
Enter QBC as the Corporate/Promotion on the booking page.
PROTECT YOUR TRIP WITH TRAVEL INSURANCE
What if something unexpected happens and you cannot make your trip?
We strongly recommend you purchase Travel Insurance Protection. A policy will cover trip cancellation, interruption, delays, medical protection and much more. Getting protection will put your mind at ease. For a free quote contact our office at 1-877-815-2892 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please check with your medical insurance provider to ensure coverage while visiting Canada; especially in an emergency situation.
**QUEEN CHARLOTTE SAFARIS, INC. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MISSED FLIGHT CONNECTIONS OR FISHING TIME LOST DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, AIRLINE DELAYS, UNFORESEEN FORCES OF NATURE, OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY EXPENSES PRIOR TO OR AFTER YOUR TRIP WITH US.